Here is some info on incubation!:
|PERFECT TEMPERATURE!!! ;)|
- First off, eggs will normally hatch in around 21 days, sometimes they could hatch a day or 2 early or late.
- Secondly, eggs need to be placed in the incubator a week or less after being laid.(We put them in a few hours after being laid:)!)
- An ideal temperature for a hens egg to hatch should be around 37.5 °C but 35.°C to 40.5°C is OK!
- You NEED to turn the eggs about 3 times a day to prevent the embryo sticking to the inside of the egg shell!
- DO NOT turn the eggs after the 18th day!
We've 4 chickens of our own, 3 hens and 1 cockerel so the eggs were incubating are from our own hens which in my case makes it even more exiting! Our cockerel is a Light Sussex, one of our hens is a White Leghorn, another one is a Bluebell, and the last one is a Speckeldy so we don't know what we will come out with!