York Fairfax House



When you hear that you're going to York for a 'Behind the scenes' at a museum, you would think that you're going to the 'Backstage' of a museum and learning about how to did everything there. But that wasn't at all the case. Instead we were stuck in a room for an hour learning about writing from an Inanimate objects point of view, like 'The adventures of  a pincushion'... It's an exciting adventure about a pincushion!!! Yay!!

 As you can definitely tell, I was THRILLED to learn about a phase in the 18th century where people started writing about random objects, instead of learning about the Fairfax house. But don't worry, we DID get to go to the actual Fairfax house! Because it was arranged as a Home ed trip, we didn't have to pay to get into the house itself, this lead to a very rushed, not even complete, tour of the house. This didn't impress me as Fairfax house is one of the few preserved houses that I actually liked.



After that we went back to the classroom to write about our favourite object in the house, I didn't have one considering I was spending half the time trying to figure out what was happening an where everyone was going next. But I ended up writing about a dressing table. And my story is as about as interesting as it sounds.

The highlight of the trip was probably eating my homemade brownies, little soft, could have used a couple extra minutes in the oven. I rate this trip a 6/10 +1 for the brownies.

OH! We also weren't allowed to take pictures, so here are some from the I N T E R N E T!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

STOP SEAHORSE ABUSE!!!!!! >:(

INCUBATING EGGS!!!!!

Owl Pellet